How To Take Care Of Your Air Conditioner In Winters
by Manas Mahajan on Jan 13, 2023
1. Cover the outdoor unit: To protect the outdoor unit from snow and ice, cover it with a protective cover or tarp. This will prevent damage and make it easier to clean the unit when the weather warms up.
2. Disconnect and drain the unit: If you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures, it's important to disconnect the air conditioner and drain it to prevent damage from freezing.
3. Clean the unit: Before storing the air conditioner for the winter, make sure to clean it thoroughly, removing any leaves, debris, or dirt.
4. Schedule a tune-up: Have a professional technician perform a tune-up on your air conditioner. They will check for any potential problems and make any necessary repairs to ensure the unit is in good working order for the summer.
5. Check the thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is set to the "off" or "heat" position to prevent the unit from turning on accidentally.
6. Insulate the ducts: Insulate the ducts to prevent heat loss and reduce energy consumption in the winter.
By taking these steps to prepare your air conditioner for the winter, you can ensure that it will be ready to use when the weather warms up and can help to extend the life of the unit.